This is the website of the Grant for Global Sustainability (GGS) Project titled “Enhancement of Urban Disaster Resilience through Activities of Local Participatory Platform.”
The Grant for Global Sustainability is a new initiative of the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS), Tokyo, Japan, with financial support from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan.
The participating organizations in this GGS Project are the following:
- Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies (GSGES), Kyoto University (https://www2.ges.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/)
- Global Earthquake Model (GEM) Foundation (https://www.globalquakemodel.org/)
- Myanmar Engineering Society (MES) (http://www.mes.org.mm/)
- Yangon Technological University (YTU) (http://ytu.edu.mm/)
- Yangon City Development Committee (YCDC) (http://www.ycdc.gov.mm/)
- National Society for Earthquake Technology – Nepal (NSET) (http://www.nset.org.np/)
- Center for Disaster Studies (CDS) of Tribhuvan University Institute of Engineering (https://ioe.edu.np/centers/cds/)
- Karyabinayak Municipality (http://www.karyabinayakmun.gov.np/en)
- Lalitpur Sub-Metropolitan City (LSMC) (http://lalitpurmun.gov.np/)
The project will be implemented for 2 years and 7 months from September 2015 to March 2018 in Kathmandu, Nepal and in Yangon, Myanmar.